Where we left off waaaayyy back when-
When I put this together – 2 years ago (?)- I thought it was almost complete. I set it aside- it collected dust on a shelf- and then a few months ago I decided it needed something else.
So I puffed it up a bit with random detritus and old rags, gave it some tentacles and a skin of old, torn up terry cloth towels for some texture.
Next I sealed it up with acrylic medium and gave it a base coat of buff white paint.
Then I brushed on a layer of thinned out burnt umber and pressed wadded up waxed paper into the wet paint. The paper left fine dendritic patterns in the paint giving the slug the appearance of having capillaries and veins.
After that cured I began applying glazes of black paint-
The dark gray glazes really brought everything together and their glossy finish really brings to mind the skin of a slimy slug.
I am quite happy with how this little monster came out despite the long wait. Now I need to find a gallery floor where it can ooze across.
*Stay Safe-Stay Productive*