At the half way point-
This one started out as another scrap of canvas I was using as a table cover. After a few messy projects I decided had definite potential as a painting in its own right-
So I trimmed off the edges, frayed them and put it through the washing machine-
It brought to mind some swampy forest- or some giant amoeba- so I soaked it in water and added more green. the wet canvas soaked in the green glaze like a stain. Once that dried I sealed the whole thing up with acrylic medium so I could paint in finer detail.
Then I went in with glazes of black and white to build up the underlying patterns I was seeing in the paint stains-
It rapidly turned into what looks like some mash of primitive skeletons with perhaps eyes along the bottom.
Now that the under painting is complete is is time to apply the colors.